Update as of May 26, 2020.
DNRT is monitoring state and federal guidance regarding the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are very concerned for the health and safety of our community, visitors, volunteers, and staff, and want to do what we can to limit the spread of this disease. Recognizing that the situation continues to change rapidly and the following is subject to change, we are currently taking the following steps:
- The DNRT office will be closed beginning March 24 at noon and remain closed until further notice, however staff will accessible via phone or email.
- All of our guided walks, work parties, and events are cancelled until further notice.
- All DNRT Reserves and trails remain open for the time being.
- When using our Reserves in the upcoming weeks, please follow appropriate guidelines for protecting yourself and others:
- If a parking area is full, please go to a different Reserve or come back at a less busy time.
- Stay at least six feet from others. Do not gather in groups. Step aside on the trail to let others pass.
- Keep dogs leashed and away from other visitors at all times. Bag your dog’s poop and dispose of it at home.
- The COVID-19 crisis has reduced the capacity of our trail crew. We ask for your patience and understanding. If you see a tree that blocks a trail or poses a hazard, please email BOTH email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address it when we are able.
We will continue to consider the guidance of the public health community and any rules issued by the state as this situation unfolds. We will keep you updated if anything changes or if there are additional cancellations.