- Duration: Perennial
- Habit: Shrub
- Size class: 6-12ft
- Native Habitat: Alluvial areas; boggy openings in pine woods; low areas in prairies; dry barrens; balds
- Bloom time: March-May
- Moisture: Dry, Wet
- Soil pH: Ciarcumneutral (pH 6.8-7.2)
- CaCO3 Tol: medium
- Description: Various wet to dry soils.
- Water use:
- Condition comments:
- Short-lived and fast-growing. Susceptible to wind damage.
- Wildlife use: Early season Various wet to dry soils.
- Attracts birds
- Specific value to native bees