Rules & Regulations for DNRT Reserves
DNRT’s Reserves are used and loved by many visitors. DNRT has established the following rules and regulations with natural resources protection and public enjoyment and safety in mind.
Please note: Some DNRT Reserves have additional regulations. Please observe posted signs at all Reserves.
- Reserves are open from dawn to dusk, (except where posted).
- Please be aware of your surroundings & take responsibility for your own safety.
- Please stay on existing trails only & respect signs regarding closed areas.
- Dogs and their human companions are welcome (except where posted).
- No more than 3 dogs per adult trail user. Learn more here.
- Keep your dog under your control at all times. "Control" means on leash or within your sight and hearing at all times and trained to come immediately when called.
- Carry waste bags with you, pick up your dog’s waste, and dispose of it in trash receptacles off the property.
- For more details on dog rules, click here.
- View our photography policy here.
- Horseback and bicycle riding are allowed (except where posted). Stay on existing trails only. Take care to avoid muddy areas to minimize the damage to trails during wet seasons. Bikes should yield to horses and walkers. Walkers should yield to horses.
- No fires
- No consumption or possession of alcohol
- No camping
- No hunting, trapping, or possession of firearms
- No littering, including in the parking lot (please carry out any trash you might find!)
- No motorized vehicles of any kind
- No removal of vegetation, rocks, or any other material from the property
- No paintball
- No metal detecting
- No launching, operating, or retrieving of drones
- No conduct that disrupts the tranquility of the area or its enjoyment by others
- Use of DNRT reserves for commercial or fundraising purposes is prohibited
- Group use: DNRT requires advance permission for groups of 15 or more to use our Reserves in order to prevent conflicts and minimize impacts to the natural resources and enjoyment of other visitors